Voice notifier will notify you of incoming calls, SMS messages and other events (battery status, WiFi connection status, etc) using android's embedded Text-to-Speech capabilities.
If the caller (or the sender of the SMS) is in your contacts list, Voice Notifier can speak his/her name, when your phone rings. In cases of unknown numbers, Voice Notifier can simply speak the caller id. Being more that a simple ringer, Voice Notifier can also be configured to read the contents of your received SMS messages.
Voice notifier can be very handy for people than find themselves in situations where they cannot use their hands to pick up the phone, to check a notification or to read an incoming SMS message (e.g when they are driving). Voice notifier is also ideal for visually impaired people that find it difficult to read text on their devices.
The list below highlights some of the most important features of Voice Notifier:
- Incoming call and SMS notifications can be configured to contain the contact name, the phone number, the last three digits of the phone number and/or any other arbitrary text before or after the contact name or the phone number.
- Can be configured to read aloud the contents of SMS messages as well.
- You can either use the default Text-To-Speech (TTS) engine, already built-in your mobile phone or any other TTS engine you find and download from the Google play store.
- You can customize the language to any language your Text-To-Speech engine supports. Google's engine already supports Dutch, English (India), English (United Kingdom), English (United States), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Spanish (Spain) and Spanish (United States).
- The user-defined ringtones and sound notifications are not replaced by voice notifications. The phone rings normally using the selected ringtones and sounds. Voice notifications are played in the background at a user-defined percentage of the ringtone and/or notification sound.
Download/Install the latest version
Voice Notifier can be downloaded from Google Play Store.
The author, of this software accepts no responsibility for damages resulting from the use of this product and makes no warranty or representation, either express or implied, including but not limited to, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. This software is provided "AS IS", and you, its user, assume all risks when using it.
Contact and feedback
Please, feel free to send comments and feedback at the following email address:
Alternatively, you can use our contact form.